Sunday, November 9, 2008

STOP THE H8

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
- Declaration of Independence


Today's entry, has nothing to do with the metro, but shouldn't be overlooked non the less. For all of those who voted YES on 8, I do not wish harm on you, but however the power of knowledge and the understanding of love without barriers. I have supported rights of all people since I knew right from wrong while exercising my freedom of choice and speech, with or without my parents support. All people should be granted civil rights, and the right to love regardless, this is fucking America. I was at the PRO-GAY protest in Hollywood tonight, I was there to do something I believe in, in hopes of a better future for man kind where we all are united and blind to differences. We made signs "I BELIEVE IN SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND HATE," chanting "BLACK WHITE GAY STRAIGHT WE WANT EQUALITY" etc, and marched down Santa Monica Blvd. with over 20,000 people strong who supported genderless love. We shut down streets and made a point to be heard. I was stricken with such compassion and hope, it was so beautiful to see people coming together for a common goal. It was extremely emotional for me to see such love in an unloving world.
Land of the free? When did Rights turn into a Vote? We are all human beings, why don't you try to fucking treat each other as such. How does someone else's love affect your daily life? Because your selfish choice affects theirs. So when do Gay's have the right to vote on YOUR marriage? Everyone wants Peace and Happiness, so who's going to make the first move? Never has there ever been such an opportunity for change. Understanding is the road to repair.  

I'm going to look back on this when I'm older and tell my kids that I stood up for a just cause that I had nothing to do with. I may not be gay, but I don't believe banning Gay marriage is right in any sense, nor is banning it going to save the world. We have bigger fish to fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment